Cycle 8: Like a Bird, Like a Horse







Who cares about being or nothingness? I am a philosopher of rice. I don’t think, I cook: white, brown, red - long, short, medium - moist, dry, sticky - jasmine, basmati, Arborio . . . The pilaf sage knows, a bowl of steaming rice is subtler than ten Hegels.















I salt my writing with enigmas to whet your thirst for wonder.















Scrumptious Vegetarians


Buddha: This passing moment is my surpassing meat.

Pythagoras: My mother was a fish.

Da Vinci: Man's bright symmetries my meat, my drink his dark asymmetries.

Darwin: If mutation is the meat of life, selection is its potatoes.

Einstein: Relativity is the meat of the matter.

Gandhi: In peace, extremes can meet. (In peas, extremes meet.)















Humpty Dumpty Philosophy  or  Sunny-Side Up

After the fall:
My yolk runneth over.





Don’t put me together – I’ll just sit on the wall again.





Rumpy Humpy sat on the king.
Humpy Jump-Me had a great ball.


At home on the edge.
















The seven fruits of joy – joy, joy, joy, joy, joy, joy, joy.

The seed of joy, the fruit of joy can only be joy, of sadness only sadness. Though joy constantly follows sadness, sadness, joy, one can never turn into the other.















O the green velocity of vegetables! Unencumbered by blue selves, their verdant innocence overruns all limits. Green me!














Waiting for the water to green, I am already drinking my tea.
(Show me how a man waits . . .)








<< Part III: Like a Metaphor
>> Like 10,000 Forks
eXTReMe Tracker Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.